Noise Emittance is defined by;
- Noise emission from activity (e.g.: use of a room or space)
- Noise emission from a mechanical services noise source (such as air conditioning unit or fan)
The extent to which noise emission will have to be considered and the extent of acoustic treatment required will depend upon:
- Whether noisy activities take place in a room or space.
- Whether the room or space is naturally ventilated and therefore windows and/or doors are expected to be open whilst noisy activities are taking place.
- Room facade construction and orientation of 'acoustically weak' facades relative to noise-sensitive receivers.
- Distance to noise-sensitive receivers
- Whether mandatory noise emission criteria are required to be satisfied at nearby boundaries and land uses.