Retail Spaces are to be included across the university in line with the concepts set out within the Macquarie University Campus Master Plan 2014, which includes the following principles:
- Retail spaces and facilities are to be located in various locations across the campus to enable access to services and facilities, using the hub and spoke principle.
- The hub zones should be safe and convenient locations for extended hours student activities and include access to food options.
- Food and retail elements integrated amongst student services areas.
- Encourage a wide variety of type, size and cost food options.
- Locate major food outlets so that they can be served unobtrusively from the service road network.
- Provide staff facilities in close proximity to Faculty Hubs.
- Retail spaces are to be integrated with Night Activity Zones located adjacent to transport interchanges and
General Design Requirements
All spaces are to be designed to meet the requirements of the relevant building regulations. In line with the Universities access policy all general occupant spaces are to be designed to be accessible for mobility impaired persons.
Specific Design Requirements
Refer to the Macquarie University Campus Master Plan for further information.
Links to the following spaces
- Food Outlets
- Student Shop