Staff meeting room (Dept)
This space is designed for small group meetings of faculty/office staff.
This space is to be located within office / administration areas and be located to adjoin main access pathways.
[ Expand all ]
- Meeting rooms to be easily accessed from office reception spaces.|
- Meeting rooms are ideally located in central core office areas to provide equitable access, and allow natural lighting to primarily service the work spaces.
|Room and Spaces Planning Requirements||Meeting rooms to be approximately square. Shape may differ depending on size and intended furniture configuration.|
|Design occupancy||Min 9m2 for 4 people|
|Area||- Allow 0.2m2 of meeting room space per staff member in any given office|
- Minimum 1 x 10m2 meeting room per 50 staff
|Wall Finish||- Pinboard Finish to 2100mm high min.|
- White boards as required - 1200H, from 900mm above FFL
|Other||- Backing required for LCD screen in all Medium and Large meeting rooms.|
|General Selection Requirements||- Provide for high traffic, low maintenance.|
|Preferred Material Selection||- Carpet tiles - 500mm x 500mm|
|Carpet||- Carpet finish to suit adjoining office.|
|Other||Ducted Skirting to perimeter if required.|
|Ceiling Finishes||- Painted set plasterboard ceiling, or tiled grid system.|
|Ceiling Heights||- Nominal min. 2700mm floor to ceiling height.|
|Ceiling Selection||- White finish to suit room/building design.|
|Acoustic Ceilings||Gridded acoustic tile ceiling Ecophon Acoustic in White|
NRC: 0.6 - 0.8 Absorptive Ceiling
|Window Selection Requirements||Windows are Desirable for this space but may view into open office area or outside.|
|Glazing||- Internal glazing to be frosted.|
|Observation Windows||- Maximise windows to adjacent corridor.|
|Visual Privacy||- Frosting between 600mm and 1600mm above FFL.|
|Other||- External glazing (if provided) sill height: 1000mm min |
- Internal safety glass glazing to adjacent circulation space for supervision from floor to 2.1m height
|Doors Type||- Sliding or swing doors are acceptable.|
|Door Function||- Not Lockable.|
|Fire / Acoustic Rated||- As per building design spec.|
|Frame Type||- As per building design spec.|
|Glazing||- Glazed sidelight to door and/or fully glazed door.|
|Door Hardware||Locking door hardware not required|
|General Design Principles||- Meeting table size and shape to suit room shape and size.|
|Recommended Table Selection||- Round, square, or rectangular table.|
|Recommended Chair Selection||- Chair suitable for up to 2 hours use.|
|Whiteboards||- 1200mm high, fixed 900mm above FFL.|
- Width to suit wall dimensions.
- Pen trays to suit.
|Pinboards||- Pinboard Finish to 2100mm high min.|
|Projection Screens||- For larger rooms only.|
- To suit room size and proportion.
- Consult with AVTS.
|Other||- Larger meeting rooms or board rooms may require a credenza for serving.|
|Blinds||- Blinds to external windows where required.|
|Door Signage||- Room number Sequential within block. eg 75T 604|
|Access control||Not Required|
|Intruder detection||Not Required|
|Keying||Refer to Doors|
|Noise level||- Noise Level Within space should be considered|
|Noise emittance||- Low - Medium|
- Consideration Required
|Room to room||- Room to Room acoustics should be minimised.|
- Provide acoustic door seals to break out spaces, and between adjoining teaching spaces.
- Acoustic treatment within walls and ceiling spaces to be incorporated where required.
|Room acoustics||- Room reverberation time to be considered.|
- Recommended mid frequency reverberation time of 0.6-0.8 seconds.
|Natural ventilation||- Natural ventilation not desirable.|
- Manually openable windows permissable.
|Supply air||AS 1668 Supply Rate|
|Controls||- Controls to be localised to room.|
|Mechanical cooling||Air Conditioning|
|Mechanical heating||Provide heating to MQ Mechanical Standard|
with building system|
Reed Switch To Openable Windows / Louvres
|Fire detection||To Code Requirements|
|Fire suppression||To Code Requirements|
|EWIS||To Code Requirements|
|Portable fire equipment||To Code Requirements|
|Lighting / lux levels||- 240 lux|
- To Code Requirements
|Lighting controls||- Auto Off after 20 minutes|
- Switchable zones to suit AV
- Dimming Capability
- Movement Sensor
- Manual Override
|Other||- Provide appropriate lighting over meeting table|
|Natural Light - Daylight||Natural daylight to room is desirable|
|Type||- GPO Points to suit equipment.|
- Standard power required - Refer to Electrical Design Standard
|Quantity||- Pending size of room|
- Min of 2 GPOs per table box
|Other||- Power on ducted skirting cable management to be considered.|
- Floor Box to tables to be served from below.
Communication / AV
|Voice||- 1 Phone required per meeting room.|
- 1 double data points required
- Voice / Data Provision Required
- Conference call capability required to handsets and/or AV.
|Data||- Data required for LCD and to table boxes.|
|AV type||- Consideration Required - Consult with AVTS to scope.|
|WAP||Wireless Access to entire floor required|
|As Built Documentation||-|