Staff Work Point
This space is designed as an individual workspace.
This space is to be located within office / administration areas and be located to the side of main access pathways.
Typical Professional staff work point cluster:
[ Expand all ]
|Room and Spaces Planning Requirements||To suit furniture layout. |
- min. 1.5m wide space behind desk for access.
- min. 1.8m between desks in back-to-back arrangement.
|Design occupancy||Single Workpoint|
|Area||To suit desk layout approximately 4.4m2 per workpoint plus circulation.|
|Other||Positioned adjacent to office circulation area.|
|General||All finishes and colours selected to suit entire office aesthetic.|
|Design principles||Best practice solutions to be provided for all workpoint arrangements, to suit building layout, operational requirements, and end user requirements.|
|Materials & finishes||All finishes and colours specified are to suit entire office aesthetic.|
|Proprietary items||Special furniture, fixture, or space allowances to be provided when specified by a WHS or statutory compliance requirement.|
|Wall Finish||- Pinboard Finish to 2100mm high min. 1.8m wide|
- White finish to non-feature walls - Natural White, Lexicon White, or Napkin White.
|Other||White boards or writable glass surfaces to workpoint clusters where requested by users.|
|General Selection Requirements||To suit office fitout.|
|Preferred Material Selection||Carpet tiles to match adjoining office spaces.|
|Carpet||500x500 tiles preferred|
|Resilient Floor Finishes||CP - Carpet finish.|
|Other||Ducted Skirting to perimeter|
|Ceiling Finishes||Set plaster, grid tiles, or acoustic panel, as required|
|Ceiling Heights||Preferred minimum height: 2700mm above FFL.|
- Set plaster, grid tiles, or acoustic panel, as required.
- Preferred tiled system: 1200x600 grid.
|Acoustic Ceilings||Gridded accoustic tile ceiling Ecophon acoutic in white |
NRC: 0.6 - 0.8 absorptive ceiling
|Window Selection Requirements||Windows are required for this space.|
|Observation Windows||Maximise windows to adjacent corridor.|
|Visual Privacy||- Blinds may be used to aid visual privacy.|
- Frosting may be used on internal glass to aid visual privacy.
|Other||External glazing, sill height 1000mm min.|
Internal safety glass glazing to adjacent circulation space for supervision from floor to 2.1m height
|Doors Type||Fully glazed or glazed sidelight if door provided|
|Door Function||Entry door lockable (if enclosed)|
|Door Hardware||Lock type|
Office lock if enclosed
Keying / locking
Keyed to Differ (KD) (if door Provided)
Master keyed - Administration & Staff (AF) (if Door Provided)
|General Design Principles||- Work point desk, chair, and storage furniture required.|
|Desk Selection||- Typical 1800 wide desk per work point.|
- Typical white melamine finish to desk top.
|Chair Selection||- Ergonomic task chair suitable for long term (8 hours per day) seated tasks.|
|Storage Furniture||- Choice of standard mobile pedestal or mobile tambour pedestal. Both can be used where space provides.|
- Optional open shelf to hang from partition.
- Proximity to 1m linear common storage furniture required per work point.
- 3m linear shelf space per work point required - in the vicinty of the work point.
|Other||- Partitions to be 1200mm above FFL and to be a pinnable surface.|
- Colours/fabrics to suit surrounding office space selections.
|Whiteboards||White boards or writable glass surfaces to workpoint clusters where requested by users.|
|Pinboards||- Pinboard to workpoint clusters where requested by users.|
- Pinboards can be fixed to rear of storage furniture adjoining desks.
- All partitions at work points to be pinnable surfaces.
|Work Point Signage||
- Sliding plate name signage to be provided where requested by faculty/department.|
- Plates to display as follows:
Line 1: Name 1Line 2: Name 2 (if required)Line 3: Department/Office
|Security type / group||B|
Refer to Design Standard
|Access control||Required to greater office area.|
|Intruder detection||Not Required|
|Keying||Refer to Doors|
|Noise level||Consideration Required. Minimise work point noise with material and product selection.|
|Room to room||Room to Room Acoustics should be reduced where possible.|
|Room acoustics||Room reverberation time to be considered.|
|Natural ventilation||Natural Ventilation as redundancy for mechanical|
Manually Openable Windows
|Supply air||AS 1668 Supply Rate|
|Controls||Set points to greater office areas, as per mechanical design spec.|
|Mechanical cooling||Air Conditioning|
|Mechanical heating||Provide Heating to MQU Standard|
|Controls||- Commensurate with building system|
- Reed Switch To Openable Windows / Louvres
- User control for the air conditioning units are to be located adjacent to the light switch in each room to enable the unit to be turned on or off.
|General||- Fire protection to be considered as part of overall office design.|
- All fire protection requirements should refer to Australian Standards, BCA, and any relevant alternative solutions
|Fire detection||To Code Requirements|
|Fire suppression||FIRE HOSE REEL|
To Code Requirements
|EWIS||To Code Requirements|
|Portable fire equipment||PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER/ BLANKET|
To Code Requirements
|Lighting / lux levels||- 240 lux desired over work point surfaces.|
- To Code Requirements
|Lighting controls||- Managed by BMS|
- Movement sensors to open plan perimeter areas
- Movement sensors to single/shared offices
- Manual overrides
|Other||-Task lighting to workpoint can be added at|
|Natural Light - Daylight||Natural daylight to room is desirable|
|Type||Soft Wired GPOs to work points|
|Quantity||Minimum 2 double GPO's per work point|
Power on ducted skirting.
Cable management to be considered.
Communication / AV
|Voice||- 2 data points required per workpoint|
- Avaya phone handset supplied by MQ IT dept.
|Data||- 2 data points required per workpoint|
|WAP||- Wireless access to entire floor required|
|Other||- AV requirements determined for entire office space|